Monday, January 5, 2009
UGH!
The title could've just been snow- I hate it! Well, first there are a few times when I do love it; like when it's a saturday morning and it's freshly fallen, and I don't have to leave the house! Other than that... I could really do without it. Today it started snowing just before I had to leave work to get the boys from school. It wasn't too bad but enough that my brakes weren't wanting to stop my car. So I carefully made it all the way home, and as I was turning into my driveway- the car started sliding to the left!If I'd tired to straighten it back out I would've hit the car in the turn lane. So I committed to my turn and ended up missing the driveway, hitting the curb, and getting my car stuck in the pile of old snow left by the plow. Luckily I missed the mailboxes by about 6 inches. There I sat with cars now trying to get pass me, since my tail end was blocking a whole lane of traffic. Not a single person offered to help, or even slowed to see if I was okay. I sent all three kids inside just incase someone couldn't stop or didn't realize I was stuck and hit us. I proceeded to salt and shovel my front tires out while tears streamed down my face. I sure could used my husband today, but instead I think next month I'm investing in studded tires.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment