Dear Courty and kids, 04 Jan 2009
This place gets crazier and crazier, it's Saturday and we had our first PT today, we did a whole lot of weird exercises and then pushups and then the one mile run. And guess what.. I wasn't the slowest! When we did push ups it's a four step process. down is 1 up is 2 down is 3 up is 4 and all that is one pushup. Fun huh? Then we came back to get cleaned up and clean the barracks. Well needless to say they weren't clean enough, it is true what they say, a few bad apples ruin the bunch. We were supposed to get to call again today but..... well you heard. So we didn't get it clean enough (like there is such thing as clean enough for them)then it was off to chow and today we started doing cadences when we march. That part is kinda cool. Right now I am waiting for the count to come back so we can have personal time. Personal time usually means taking a shower, doing laundry, or write letters, all before 8:30 which is lights out. So now it's 8:00 and he just released us for personal time because people suck. There are 3 bays with soldiers (warriors as the DS's call us) and one of the bays got smoked hard tonight. I think the testing process is to easy... ya know what I mean.... dedede. But we got away with out one just barely. They almost didn't let us sign up for church, but just a couple minutes ago they brought in the list and you can tell my mom I signed up and am going to attend tomorrow (first time in a while). I am a little worried about making this a career, I don't think I can be away from you and the kids for a whole year! I think if they change it to 6 months it would be a whole lot better (still hard but better). I looked at the pictures we printed out today and showed some of my battle buddies, but I had to put them away cause it was sad, but it also reminded me of why I was here in the first place. Tell everyone I'm doing well and learning that I'm way more dissiplined and mature than 200 of these soldiers. So they call us "bulldogs" we are in the bravo company. I found out that wednesday we go to basic FINALLY!
So it is Sunday now I had fireguard watch last night, it was interesting, then it was the same stuff until church started. THat was kinda weird you walk in and it is just soldiers but kinda cool. It was testimony meeting and some people bore their testimonies and it touched my heart. I really connected with what one or two of them said. It makes me feel like I should really be back at church, and not out of guilt or pressure. I have so much to be thankful for and I have God to thank for it. It was also nice to get away from the DS's. After church we went to chow, oh, there are about 100 soldiers that are mormon on post right now. Then we had to clean again and this time we all did it and we got to call home. Tell Logan I'm sorry I couldn't talk more with him, I really wanted to. I hope you are keeping busy, make sure bills get paid (specially sprint so I can call). Tell my mom I'm still doing good but that night change on wednesday. It is so cold here and since we don't have uniforms yet it is unpleasant. Okay so tomorrow is shot day (yeah) and one of the guys here has been in reception for 2 months because the sergeant who gave him the shot hit his syatic nerve and paralyzed his leg...... scary huh? We are all very anxious, some just to get out of reception, others just so the trouble makers get their butts chewed and smoked off. I am going to try to write again before we leave, but no guarantees. Wish I were there, love all of you very much.
Dustin
Thursday, January 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment