Friday, April 30, 2010

Retail Therapy

It's been a long while since I've been shopping alone. The hubby and I did a lot of spring/summer clothes shopping for our 3 kiddos with tax return monies. We weren't able to get much for our littlest because she is growing like a weed!

As you've read her birthday is coming up. I've been having fun focusing some shopping efforts toward her. (who doesn't LOVE to shop for little girl clothes?)

Since the hubs is gone, and today is payday, and I survived week #1 alone, I treated myself tonight. I took myself on a date.

First stop was the PX to get money from the bank there since it was after regular hours. Of course I wandered. I found a dress for Jace I had carried around last time I was there but couldn't buy... it was just too much... on clearance! Yahoo! I found a shirt for each boy on clearance for under $4! I found myself two pairs of shoes, only one was on clearance. The others are my summer staples, a good pair of dark brown leather flip flops. I live in them. They are a worthy investment.

My next stop was Target. Oh, how I heart Target! I love it the most when I'm all alone. I was there for two hours. Yes, TWO! It was wonderful! There were the things I needed, shampoo, paper towels, laundry soap (I don't heart laundry), paper plates, ziplocks.... you get the idea. I gathered those up first so I wouldn't forget. Then I hit the clearance racks in the toddler girl section. SCORE! Those little red price stickers get me every time! I'm a sucker for a red sticker I guess. I gathered up all the things I loved, then narrowed it down later. I also had to get a birthday gift. Let me say I'm much better at girl gifts than boy ones.

On my way to my last stop, I made a phone call. I had to check on the boogers to make sure they were good and had gotten their chores done. They said they were. SO.... I headed to Cold Stone! Really the cheapest way for us to eat there is the big family size bucket for $10. So I brought that home to them.

I sent the kids to bed after their treat and some snuggle time. Then I flipped on the puter and rounded out my shopping day with a few secret online purchases. More on them to come- I promise!

I put the dogs to bed (almost as much work as the kids) and now I'm sitting here looking at an ever growing pile of laundry on my couch. It's size is making it harder and harder to ignore.I'm also looking at the pile of new clothes for Jace and can hear my bow room calling my name.... tough choices I tell you. Just being honest!

But all in all I had a great day. I've needed this day! I wish it hadn't cost so much, but I did really well finding good bargains. I mean here is a little example:
for $50.00 I got Jace a new leotard for ballet, two new dresses, four cute cute tops, and two pairs of shorts. That's a little over $5 an item.

No comments:

Post a Comment