Friday, April 30, 2010

California- Here we come!

Well.... not for a few more weeks! I am just starting to really put things together and figure out what we will do while we are there.

#1 on my list is to visit and relax. Important parts of vacationing!

#2 Sightsee.... on an budget!

# Have a party!

There are certain things one must do while in California. They are things I think I took for granted because I lived there my whole life. Having been gone for so long, I miss them! Things like the beach and San Francisco.

So! On my list so far:

A trip to the beach, with friends! Who ever wants to come. It will just be a day trip, with picnics. I'm still trying to chose between half moon bay and santa cruz. I'm thinking the kids might really enjoy the board walk, but I might not enjoy hearing them whine when I tell them I'm not paying for rides, toys, crap.... you get the point!? So right now halfmoon bay is winning, and I love going to the tide pools there!

A night in San Francisco. I found a wonderfull hotel, the Marine Memorial Hotel. Long story short, because we are active duty military it is only $69/night! It's right in Union Square, and has cheap parking(well-cheap for SF). In order to keep costs down for this one, we will be doing more things like sightseeing, instead of lots of activities. Ofcourse we will ride a cable car, and see China town, Fisherman's Wharf, Peir 39.... and if I can find cheap enought tickets (doubtful) we might try alcatraz. The hotel offers a free breakfast, a real one, and we can have ff for lunch, maybe a nice dinner? It will be a blast, on still on a budget!

Old timing it in Cloumbia. Have you ever mined for gold? I have, my kids haven't. It is such a fun old gold rush town. It has big rocks to climb, and plenty of cute little shops to explore.

A BBQ at home! Again, all friends and family will be invited to come and visit. We need to work on the details of this one, but it is sure to be a fun time!

So that's it. All in two weeks. With three kids, by myself. A 12-14 hour car ride down and back. crazy? Umm.... hummmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment