Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Dear Hospital Staff

I love that you continue to operate on your 24 hour schedual! Those night nurses who come on at 7, yet don't show their faces until 9 are my all time FAV! Followed only by the great RT's who want to give my kid a breathing treatment at 2 am. We do them at home like that all the time.

They are so full of energy and so willing to help. I really love it when they are so in need of something to do, that they decide to wake up my sleeping child.

His favorite thing too, is to be there, alone, while you peel tons of tape and bloody gause away from his sore incision site and scrub his PICC line. I can just picture the look of delight on his face. He'll have sweet dreams now for sure.

I really look forward to the phone calls after I've finally fallen asleep for the first time in a week. The warm and fuzzy feeling that is left after trying to calm down my child over the phone, instead of being there, just makes my heart happy.

Please, can you also ignore his beeping IV pump tonight? He sleeps so sound to the wonderful background noise it provides.

You can be sure, I'll be there now bright and early, looking ever so lovely with my messy hair and no make-up puffy raccoon eyes from the night of happy tears I shed over the wonderful care and respect you provide to my son and our family.

Thank you for this wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment