Im quickly starting to love my Sunday nights. I've created a routine that is just so me. It makes me proud to be a stay at home mom, reminds me why we chose for me to be one, and reminds me how grateful I am that this is my life.
I try to cook something new for dinner on Sundays. If it's not new it's labor intensive and the one "special" meal of the week.
**On a quick side note:**
Today was a weird Sunday in our home and I got thrown off track- I did how ever make up a great cheater chicken catchatori that was super easy, fast, and gobbled all up! I'll share the recipe!
After dinner, we talk about what Monday evening's family activity will be so everyone is included. This week we are focusing on helping others, and will all go to the post office to mail the special Trick-or-Treat package we put together for anysoldier.com .
Usually hubby will help me clean up the kitchen and get dishes done. Then begins my favorite part!
I start by putting together a weeks worth of healthy snack items for the kids to take for lunch. Ofcourse I have to make enough for Jacey too so she won't feel left out. Tonight it was fresh fruit salad cups and chocolate pudding made with no fat milk. I also baked some bannana bread muffins (my house smells delicious right now!)
While I wait to take out my yummy baked treats I have time to check the calandar for the week, surf the net for fun projects, places to go, and good bargains.
The kids are required to pick up their rooms, read for 30 min's, then by 8:30 I go tuck them into bed.
I am so grateful that I am able to be home, and have time to spend spoiling my family. I love the looks on their faces (hubby included) when they walk through the kitchen and spy the spoils of my Sunday evening. I hope they always remember these times.
Sunday, October 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment