Sunday, October 4, 2009

Cheater Chicken Catchatori

Okay has time ever gotten away and when you look at the clock it's 6:00pm on a school night and you have NOTHING planned for dinner?

That was my night tonight!

Occasionally I can manage to pull something new and yummy out of these nights.

I threw some oil in the bottom of a large sauce pan.

I added a few (5-6) frozen chincken tenders, two teaspoons of minced garlic, shredded carrots (cheese grater), and just a bit of chicken broth (1/2-1 cup)

**shhhhh..... I also added two celery sticks for flavor and took them out later**
You could add diced celery. My family would rather eat dirt.

I let this cook until the chicken was most of the way done.

I added one large can of spaghetti sauce, happened to be a meat sauce but I'm sure any kind would work.

I let this simmer on low while I boiled water for the pasta. All I had was a box of shells. It worked. I've found kids make much less of a mess with small peices of pasta. We rarley eat spaghetti anymore.

While the pasta was cooking away I used my spoon to break up the chicken in the sauce. Think large chunks of shredded chicken.

I drained my pasta, threw it on a plate, topped it with sauce and parmasan cheese.

Everybody loved it, unfortunately, no left overs! Or pictures, still can't find my charger.

No comments:

Post a Comment