Another Sunday, more cooking.
Today it was mini vanilla pudding cups with chopped bananas and nilla wafer topping. Veggie sticks and dip (in little mini cups). Home meade lunchables(read- BIG money saver), and beef stroganoff for dinner.
Logan is sick, has been for a few days. We're keeping an eye on him and hope the cold passes without causing any secondary infections. **crosses fingers** We've upped his breathing treatments to 4x a day. I'm so thankfull for the forethought put into his room and the ease it provides while doing treatments. Sometimes it pays to have a mom who obsesses over interior design.
Gavin is well, and is surviving school so far. I am going to schedual a second opinion for him with the pediatrician to see about meds. He needs them terribly.
Jacey is Jacey. Today she was unbelievably loud! Like break out your earplugs loud. She drove the boys crazy all day. I'd lie if I said she wasn't on my last nerve today too- especially after the huge play dough mess she had spread from the dining room into the family room.
Dustin had staff duty today. I haven't seen him much but he's healthy and well. That's always a plus. I plan on surprising him in the morning with some warm home made apple struesle muffins. Yum!
I.... will pretend I'm not sick tonight, and will fill you in on that more tomorrow after I visit a new doctor. I have a list to take with me. It's OVER two pages long. I know you aren't surprised.
Between cooking today, I read up and educated myself on monthly cooking. You basically plan well, do HUGE shopping, and spend one whole day making quadruple batches of meals, and freeze them for later use. I'm going to try it. Maybe not the 4x way, I think I'll start with doubling a few familiar recipes, and only doing a few breakfast and lunch items. Atleast until I get the hang of it.
Once I explained the benefits to Dustin he was sold. All I had to do was bring up how nice it would be to not have to worry about him cooking on nights I don't feel well- just pop something in the oven. Cause that never happens around here right?
Sunday, October 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment