Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Christmas Gifts

When it comes to my children I usually have a pretty concrete game plan as to what each of them NEEDS to want for Christmas.

I usually have it well planned out in advance to allow myself time to convince them that these things really are what they want so when Santa brings, oh say a bunk bed, or new sheets, I can remind them of the time they had listed these items as wants.

Every year there are "staples" that they get regardless- new shoes, new jammies, and usually a new outfit. I try to stick with the thought process that if it's wrapped- it's a gift- and we don't complain about gifts be they asked for or not.

Inspiration struck a while ago for Gavin's Christmas but I'm not sure that 1)it's in the budget; and 2)he wants it at all; and 3)that if Logan decides he wants one too, it'll fit in his room.

This mystery gift is.....*drum roll*........

A CHAIR!

Not just any chair though. It is slip covered and washable and folds out into a twin bed.

I have a few reasons for this "gift" idea. His room is way to big and there for way too empty. This kid needs some furniture to help his room come together. He also is the one with all the toys in his room so that's usually where the kids congregate, extra seating would be lovely. My biggest reason to justify a chair as a gift is that when we have company, we have them stay in Logan's room. It would be really great to have an extra bed in Gavin's room. I don't think you can ever go wrong with extra beds in your house.

Now comes the hardest part:

Convincing a 7 year old that he really wants a chair of his very own in his room, for Christmas.

I bet I could sell Logan on it, but it won't fit in his room, and then would defeat the purpose of him having a place to sleep when he gets kicked out of his room.

No comments:

Post a Comment