Saturday, July 25, 2009

Dilemma

I guess if this is my biggest concern right now then things are going pretty well. Still though it's bugging the heck outta me! I need help, prefferably from a professional. Since I can't afford that, I bring my problem here to you:

The Family Room

It's not huge, but not too tiny. It is oddly shapped though and making it difficult to place furniture. Add to that the gorgeous 55" black hole that adorns the wall with it's stream of wires...... I'm at a loss.



I need to purchase some peice of furniture to sit under our black hole to help anchor it and make it part of the room. I just don't know what! AND our budget is approprietly small meaning anything I "like" is way out of range.

My husband is calling me a snob, just because I think it would be waistfull to just buy something that will "get the job done". If it's not what I really want and will be replaced then why waist the money? Common sence tells me to wait til I can afford something I really want, but everytime I walk into the room I want to turn arround and walk right back out.

HELP!!! Any suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I'm the same way wait till I can afford what I want. If it makes you feel any better we've yet to purchase family room furniture in the ten years we've been married so i know what you mean my house drives me crazy cause I can't do what I want but at least I have a house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Jill I got totally luck and found some great curtains to help dress up the whole wall of mini blinds! They were on clearance for super cheap. It helps make things a little bearable for the time being! And yes, we are so thankfull for our house, and having a yard again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's what we've got under our tv. It wasn't very expensive but I don't know what your budget is. I like it because it makes it look like the tv isn't just randomly stuck to the wall, and it's not too big.

    http://kdck.com/photos/galleries/miscellanious/IMG_5418.jpg

    ReplyDelete