In true Courtney fashion, I've been.... uh.... misplacing things lately. Last week it was my debit card, wich has failed to reappear. A few days later, it was my military ID card. I didn't panic, just figured it'd turn up sometime or another, usually right after I replace it.
The down side to this card being "misplaced" (lost) was that I can not leave post without it, or I won't be allowed back into post (home). Not so good. Following yesterdays trgic shooting and the previous days discovery of a child molester hiding out in the woods on post, security is undoubtedly on high alert.
This afternoon Dustin told me to go ahead and go get another one. Getting the first one wasn't fun, but I figured a replacement couldn't be as bad. Boy was I wrong! I tried to convince Dustin to join me, since people in uniform are always served first, but he kindly declined. I can't compete with a comfy couch and big TV.
So I got dressed, hair and make up too for pictures sake. I got to the ID CARD FACILITY and went inside. The lady behind the desk asked where my power of attorney was..... "Um... don't have one" I said. She said I had to have my sponsor there then. BUT- first I had to go to the MP station (military police) and file a report! What????? It's just lost, probably in the garbage is my guess.
Ugh..... I drove to the MP Station and went in. Wrong door, went back out, found the right door. I told the guy behind the desk that I've lost my card. He gives me the same line... "You have to have your sponsor accompany you or have power of attorney. So I headed back home.
I grabbed Dustin and we headed back down to the MP's. I got the paperwork filled out and we headed over to the ID card place. We took our number and found a seat. From there things went smooth and I got another lovely picture on my new card. Dustin had been having issues with his too and ended up getting a new one himself.
We made a few other stops, grabbed lunch and headed home, new ID cards in hand for security. Once at home and lunch over Dustin decided to start a load of laundry- who knows why! BUT..... here's the good part.
In my jeans...... he finds....... MY ID CARD!!!!! At least now I have a spare right?
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

What a pain! I hate losing things like that. My license went missing for MONTHS and I finally went to get a new one which was such a headache cause I had to take the kids with me. Less than a week later I caught Gage sticking things into the vent above the fire place. I took off the cover to find a stash of random things that he'd put in there since we moved in and one of them was my license. Since it's covered in plastic and it gets hot above the fireplace it was burned, melted, and bubbly. That kid, I swear.
ReplyDeleteIt's ALWAYS good to have a spare. Especially if you're prone to losing things like I am. Or if your kids are prone to losing things for you.