Today is a day full of doctors appointments for Logan. Most of them are pretty standard pre operative appointments but this is also the first time he will meet with the CF team here.
It's always interesting to see how diferent places do things. I know they aren't always the same but we are coming from a nazi Dr who was more obsessed with her clinic #'s than how happy her kids were. I think anything will be a welcome change! The only thing I'm wondering is have some of her standards worn off on me? I won't accept anything other than healthy from Logan. "Good enough" is not acceptable to me.
We had a doctor ask Logan why he was wearing a mask in the hospital... DUH! I think there is a difference between styles of care for sure. We tend to be more laid back with his care, in the belief that he should experience as close to normal childhood as possible. If he's healthy enough to thrive on only one-two breathing treatments a day then why push for more? Don't get me wrong, the first sign of illness is taken way serious, and treated approprietly. I feel he'll have enough time as an adult to worry about his health and while there is something to be said for starting a rigid routine as a child I think he'll lose more than he'll gain.
I'm excited and hopefull to see what his new doctor will have to offer. I LOVE that he got his CF training at UCSF, where we absolutely loved all the doctors. I hope he took some of the same practices away with him! I can remember many tearfilled nights at primary wishing he had those doctors to care for him.
I'll post again and give you my first impressions. Just remember I'm going into this with a very positive outlook and high hopes. Please pray for Logan and his upcoming surgery! I hope he is brave today for his "pokes". Yes, he's 11 but the name has stuck ;)
Monday, July 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment