It's too hot for anything today! Way too hot. It's already 93 degrees outside and has reached 86 in the house. It's not so much the temp, but the humidity is high today making things all the worse. Everyone is grouchy, understandably. The A/C unit comes tomorrow.
I'm suddenly very thankfull to be heading to the hospital tonight with Logan. At least it's airconditioned. I need to go out and grill some chicken for tonights pasta salad so it has enough time to get super cold in the fridge.
We got our delivery of the rest of our household goods today. I felt bad for the movers in this heat, but then the smell they left lingering in my house was enough to get over the guilt. I now have a lovely pile of boxes and totes sitting in my living room, still waiting to be unpacked.
I tried to work on Jace's room, but we kept arguing. Yes, I was arguing with my 3 year old. Apparantly she didn't agree with the placement of things. I was trying to get her things nice and wiped down since they were filthy from storage. She in the meantime was pulling everything I'd just organized and put away back out of her closet. I yelled (remember the heat) and she yelled back.
"Mom, it's not right! You can't put this here, it GOES HERE!" and she dropped a pile of toys square in the middle of the floor I was trying to clear. I wasn't very nice back.
"I am the MOTHER you are MY child. YOU do NOT tell ME what to do!!!"
An argument followed regarding wich direction I was to place her sheets on her bed and I lost it. I yelled at her to get out, to stay away from me until she was done feeling bossy.
Dustin returned only moments later holding a teary eyed Jace. He looked at me amused. I wasn't slightly amused by the situation. "She's gotten out of controll," I shouted... "ever since you got HOME!"
Ah.... pass the blame.... it usually makes me feel better, at least a little but so not helping at this moment. He left for work. I continued only for a few moments and had to leave the sweltering little pink room. I was too mad to concentrate, or too hot.
Searching for a peacefull moment I sent Jace and Gavin to the bath tub, thinking that some cool water to splash in might help settle them too, and ease thier bickering. Also knowing that with me gone with Logan, Dad would be the one in charge of baths and I doubted he'd remember to wash Jacey's hair.
I was WRONG. Gavin in all his.... Gavin-ness... made the bath water super hot. I'd told Jacey I needed to wash her hair before she got out. Sitting only feet away from the open door to their bathroom I heard wet feet on the floor. UGH! I went in and noticed the filthy state the bathroom was in, and discovered the hot tub.
I now sit trying hard to contain myself. To prevent the overly tired, overly stressed, overly busy, and overly hot emotional break down, that is inevitable, from coming. As I sit I'm loathing the sheer size and layout of this house that yesterday I loved. Honestly, there is probably more linoleum in this house than any other.... ever! My nice floor mop that was perfect for my hard wood floors was no match for linoleum, since it couldn't get into the cracks and cranny's of it.
UGHH!!!! I'm trying to breathe and calm down but it's too hot. I sent a text to Dustin that simpy reads:
I am having a serious meltdown.
No response. Maybe I need a cold shower?
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment