I love spring! Today was a great example of a spring day. It was warm and breezy. Being out side just felt so good. Jace and I went out to lunch. I was looking lovely... and didn't even care. I'm feeling so horrible lately that I really don't even get dressed. Oh well! :)
After our yummy lunch we went to pick the boys up. I took the three of them to the park after. I was looking forward to them running some of their energy off, while I enjoyed some sun. About ten minutes into the afternoon both boys needed to go potty. This was a new park for us and to my surprise- no restrooms. So I gave them 5 more min's to play and we hopped in the car and headed home.
Lo and Gav were both super sweaty, and I realized they were wearing long sleeves and jeans. Definitely time to brake out the summer clothes. We had packed away their summer clothes (mostly just shorts) in the storage unit. I was sure most of the shorts would be too small, since we had to buy all new jeans this fall. My plan is to take the ones that don't fit to kid to kid. With the money I get back I'll get them a few new pairs to start the spring with.
Great plan- all in all. Except that before Dustin left for basic training he decided to cram as much crap in the storage as possible. When I say cram... I mean it. There was no rhyme or reason, no plan or thought put into it at all. I knew this would be no small task. Yet I was determined.
It took me about ten minutes just to open the storage, and a good 45 minutes to get to thier summer clothes. I sorted through them all and had the boys try on most of them. Out of probably 30 pairs of shorts, maybe 6 still fit. I now have a huge basket of shorts, bathing suits, dress pants, dress shirts, and a few tshirts to take to kid to kid tomorrow after our movie.
I hope I get back a good enough amount of money to get them a few cute outfits for spring. I spent the evening browsing online for the best deals. I'll let you know how well I do! :)
No phone call tonight. Maybe tomorrow... my luck he'll call right in the middle of the movie. Still no word on his assignment, and it's getting down to the wire. Hopefully not too much longer til we know.
Friday, March 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment