Monday, March 16, 2009

Ikea Day!

Mom's, Ikea is the place to go! I had a non productive day today... I think I'm getting a bug. Have thought so for a day or two but didn't want to admit it. So late this afternoon I finally showerd and got dressed. Jace and I headed off to pick up the boys from school. We stopped for gas and it was then I realized I had left my purse home. So we ran back home, got the purse, back to the gas station for gas. Got all the way across town to pick up kids.

I'd decided it was too nice of a day to just come back home and mope around and let the kids make me crazy. So I started driving to Ikea, but didn't tell the kids where we were going. Guessing the "surprise" is half the fun.

I checked all three kids into the daycare. They almost wouldn't take Jacey cause she's so tiny, and Logan was actually too tall. I made a sad face and they took them any way. YES! An hour to myself... and NO cost. The best part is the kids were happy to go. What can be better than free sanity?

I wandered, trying to make some final decissions in furniture for the kids rooms. After an hour (it went fast) I went back and got the kids. We explored downstairs and I showed them some of the new stuff we would get for their rooms. How funny it is to see a 7 year old get excited over a dresser!

I had promised them a treat if they were good at the very beginning of our adventure. My kids never forget about promises of food. I checked the time as we were nearing the checkout stands, 5:00. I decided to just feed them dinner and be done with it.

Where can you go and get 8 hot dogs, 2 sodas, 2 bags of chips, and 3 packs of cheese sauce (my kids love it on hotdogs) for $7.50?? I have I said yet how much I LOVE Ikea? Love it! Logan argued that 'dinner' didn't constitue a 'treat' and talked me into frozen yogurts too.

We drove home, and the kids cleaned the table for me, so they could begin the art project I found while wandering. The little plastic beads that you design on peg-like plastic boards, then iron to fasten..... great! I didn't even mind that I had to sweep up dozens. All three kids really enjoyed it, and stayed busy until it was time to get ready for bed.

After I tucked them all in, they refused to settle down. Then I hear a loud thud..... Jay fell off the top bunk. Ugh! I calmed her down and she layed right down and went to sleep. **makes mental note to go check for concussion after this post** Finally some quiet.

With quiet though comes the lonelies. I'm actually used to it now, so it's more like boredom. I guess I could go do the dishes.... but why ruin such a great unproductive day? Great thing is they'll still be there tomorrow.

So I am left with my many thoughts now about wether Dustin was able to go meet with the assignment office or not today. His DS seemed very proactive by helping him check the computers last night, maybe that means he got to go??? Not holding my breath. Seriously, married couples need to talk more than every week or two.

I guess it's time for some sleeping pills and a nice bubble bath to end my great day.... right after I check on my little monster princess!

No comments:

Post a Comment