Friday, October 23, 2009

Updates

Nothing too exciting to report but a lot has been going on. Thought I'd give you a quick update on the kiddos.

Logan

He still looks SO small to me. That's probably because he is, he's roughly the size of a 9 or 10 year old. Stand him next to Gavin, who is also the size of a 9 year old easy- it leaves everyone to ask who is the oldest, I even get the twins question. They do share clothes (kinda) so that's one thing I can't complain about. Logan is quickly recovering from his little cold but is left with a stuffy nose. I'm going to give him til Monday- if he's still sniffen we'll get him on some antibiotics to clear it up.
It rains like crazy here in the mornings and the poor kids don't have anything to stand under to keep dry while they wait for the bus. Our house is right in front so I offered to all the kids to stand under our carport, and just hurry across the street when the bus pulls up. Hope the bus driver doesn't mind- since she's always late they are usually out there a good 10-15 minutes. Who wants to wait in the rain and get soaked before they even start their day?
School is going well for Logan and he is showing some interest in joining the school band. They teach guitar so it'll be a great way for him to sneak in some free lessons. Add to that the fact that the bus brings them home after- and you have one winner of an extra curricular activity. Oh- did I mention it's a rock band? Yeah, awesome school! His only hang up thus far is that he'd be the only one with an acustic guitar, all the other kids have an electric one. Our deal was learn to play the acustic and we'll buy you an electric. We're thinking the 'Santa Clause' might be a good loop hole, if it gets him involved in something it's worth it- right?

Gavin

Life has been busy for Gavin! He has passed Logan up in the weight department, and is only a couple inches shorter (being generous, it might only be 1). Although his last trip to the pediatrician to get help for his ADD was unsuccessful, we tried again. He went in Wednesday afternoon and got a refferral for the next day to see a developmental specialist. I'd met him the week prior at boyscouts. He is an awesome guy and was so nice to get us in so quickly, less than 24 hours people! He agrees with the medication now route, versus waiting until after tonsils, but still recomends we follow up with ENT. The only hang up right now is Gav's previous heart problems since these stimulant meds can cause a host of heart problems. He put in a refferal to a cardiologist to have him cleared for the meds. We're hoping by this time next week we can start! *fingers crossed*
Gavin is doing much better this year with getting up in the mornings and now my mornings are quite pleasant with him. He's never upset about having to go to school, and doesn't complain too much about homework when he gets home. Those are all big changes from last year. We need to find something he can do outside of school and home to give him something of his own to be good at.

Jacey

Jace is good, bossy as can be, but good. She got hit pretty hard by a flu bug and spent a good week and a half sick. She's feeling better now, and so am I, so we're going to be out and about a lot more. She still hates having her hair fixed and has quite her own fashion sense. She rules the roost and keeps us all on our toes. But she's hilarious at the same time and always keeps us laughing. I'm trying to talk her into dance, but since it's not her idea, it's not going over too well. Mabey next year?

Dustin

I was going to keep this just to kids but there are a few things going in in the hubby department too, and extra prayers never hurt, right? Dustin is going to a breifing on Monday to see about becoming a Warrant Officer. Send your prayers and good thoughts our way. It really seems like the right choice for him right now. Also... word around work for him is that he might not even deploy next October, might be later in the winter of 2010. That's just all talk and anything can change at any moment- but still that's the most current word on things. His unit has began doing a lot more training exersizes and it's really helping Dustin's mood about being in the Army. He needs to be busy. It keeps him happy.

ME!

Okay, I've decided I'm not going to turn 29 today, I'll just turn 28.... again. I like 28 it works for me. I'm finally starting to get over this infection- knock on wood! The head ache still doesn't have any real answer. Our next step is to try muscle relaxants to add to my mix of drugs and see if that helps. If not we've ruled out a muscular issue and will proceed to investigate it further. I don't have much faith in the muscular answer, it doesn't feel like muscles at all when it hurts. What do I know though?

I know this, it's raining, Jacey is still alseep, Dustin is off today, and still in bed snoozing, and I'm sitting here on an hour of sleep, the boys are off to school......................I'm going back to bed. Happy Birthday to ME!

No comments:

Post a Comment