Thursday, August 27, 2009

One of Those Days...

Today was one of those super-busy-jam-packed-what-was-I-thinking-should've-spaced-it-out-over-a-week kinda days. Usually these days leave me feeling totally overwhelmed and exhausted at the end of the day. Today however I am left with a feeling of really being satisfied with what I do.

Just yesterday I was feeling the desire to go find a part time job. I guess I have just gotten so used to helping provide financially for our family that without doing so feel guilty. Maybe I'm just bored. Who knows really, but long story short, today I am perfectly content with choosing to be a stay at home Mom. In many ways it's harder than being a working Mom. Working Mom's lives are always busy, always schedualed, and very predictable. Stay at home Mom's face added difficulties.

We have to be able to be content with being home all week, nothing to do but maybe make a run to the grocery store. We have the challenge of entertaining our bored children, who feel it's the job when bored to annoy the heck out of us. We then have to be able to shift into super-mom mode when need be. It's quite a challenge when you're not used to the ups and downs.

Yesterday I:
Did the dishes
did some laundry
cooked
made desert
watched too much TV

Today I:
Got up early
fixed Jacey's hair
Made sure the boys were dressed
Took Gavin to his new school to enroll him
Came home and filled out too much paperwork
Took Gavin and Logan back to turn in said paperwork
Got lost on the way to Logan's school
picked up his enrollment paperwork
Came home and filled it out
Took Logan to his first appointment with the endocrinologist
Took Logan for xrays
tried to get a copy of his shot records
came home and finnished enrollment papers
visited with friends
made dinner for us and friends
went to the grocery store
made home made caramel corn
got Logan, Gavin, and Dustin's hair cut
Did more visiting with friends
cleaned up bloody kids
packed Gav for an over-the-night
Snuggled my baby to sleep

You see how days can change so dramaticly?

No comments:

Post a Comment