Monday, August 24, 2009

Choices...

I need to make a big one here... and I'm not sure how to proceed.

You see we've had a visitor at our house for a couple weeks now.

With the arrival of this visitor, our old much more annoying and messy last visitor has disappeared. (not a fan of racoons)

I do like this new visitor, and would love for her to stay.... one one hand.

She is very loveable and friendly.

On the other to do so would be irresponsible, since I have no desire to take full responsibility for her.



We already have a cat! I realize the benefit to raising children with animals. That's why we have a cat. Daphne is an inside cat only. She hasn't been fixed yet and I do NOT want kittens- she's never ever been outside, and will be spayed soon.

Boots.... I couldn't stop the kids from naming her, is an awesome cat. She can't be more than 9 months old, and I'm fairly certain she hasn't been spayed. By the permanant residence she's established in our yard I'm assuming her owner's moved and left her. (not that I blame them... PCS'ing with our cat was a nightmare)

I really don't think I want the added financial responsibility either. I am a good pet owner and our cat is vaccinated and all that. We spent almost $200. to board her while we moved here and waited for housing- because- I think it is wrong to teach children that animals are expendable and can be replaced.

I like having this cat outdoors though. Like I said, since she's shown up the racoons have stopped destroying our yard on a nightly basis. I've let the kids have their way with her and she still runs right to them willingly. I thought that by not feeding her she'd move on; instead she licks up little crumbs the kids drop. It's sad. I can tell she's gotten thinner.

Jacey however believes this cat is pregnant, wich I guess is all together possible. This evening while Jace and I were laying on the hammock, boots at our side I asked her why she liked boots.

"Cause she loves me Mommy". How do you argue with that? This cat does love her- stupid cat!

No comments:

Post a Comment