I'm in love! L-O-V-E LOVE! With our new pulmonologist. He is awesome and thourough, kind and polite, but still speaks to Logan at an age appropriet level. Most of all I love that I'm right and someone acknowledges my concerns.
I'm jumping the gun here, let me back up a bit. ENT pre op went great. Pre-op and anesthesia went faster than expected. We made it to our 10am CF appointment with enough time for me go potty. We never waited longer than 5 minutes to see anybody today. (amazing I know!) We still have to go to CT tonight for his sinus CT and they're tacking on a chest CT as well.
This may get a bit technical sounding but really it's not to hard to understand- just keep reading you'll get it!
Logan's weight was good, height not so good. His lung function (FEV1) was at 77% today. That is down from his last PFT's in December where he was at 100%. It's a considerable decrease, but not enough to warrant a quick admit.
That said, it is not desirable that Logan go into surgery with compromised lung function. The surgery will put added stress on his lungs and only make things worse.
The soultion is Logan be admitted tomorrow evening to start IV antibiotics. Wednesday morning he'll get his PICC placed and possibly have a bronchoscopy (would be his first ever) while sedated. He'd spend a few days in the hospital with his surgery on friday. He'll most likely be discharged on Saturday with his PICC in place and receive his clean out at home with the help of a home care nurse.
So.... that's the plan thus far. I'll keep ya in the know as things develop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh goodness, I feel so bad for the little guy.
ReplyDelete