Saturday, July 4, 2009

Independance Day




This is supposed to be a day to celebrate freedom. While families are out enjoying their freedoms and celebrating this great nation, many are not having such a wonderful day. I hope that everyone keeps this in mind as they continue about this day. I am thankfull to live here. I am thankfull for all the men and women in uniform who fight for our country. I am thankfull to the families who sacrifice their loved ones during long deployments.

My soldier is working today in what I consider an honorable task of helping bring home his unit after their 15 month deployment. I don't mind having to be away from him today because I'm so thankful for the families who've been without thier soldiers for so long.

I am sad for the soldier who was captured and sold to a Militant Clan. My heart goes out to his family. I pray for him and his return home. I can not imagine...

I worry about a quick deployment now that North Korea coninues to fire missiles. I wonder what it must feel like for the families who accompanied their soldiers to Korea. I hope that this does not escalte much further.

I pray for the families of the two soldiers who were killed in in an attack on a US base in Eastern Afghanistan.

Today is an emotional day for me. I feel alone being in a new place and miss the traditions and closeness of family and friends. As I search for a new tradition and place to go today with my family... I couldn't help but mention some other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment