Monday, June 29, 2009

Room Assignments!

Okay- most of you know me pretty well on here, others not so well. So I'll make a few confessions and fill you all in a bit.

I love to decorate my house. Many (MANY) hours and forethought go into every detail. I love every minute of too.

So- knowing we qualified for a 4 bedroom house on post I automatically assumed each child would have their own room. It makes sense.

Logan is almost a teenager (yikes) and he likes to be alone. Add to that his need to keep all his medical equipment safe and accessable, he needs his own. So I took care of every little last detail and designed a room just for him, mini fridge, flat screen tv, and all. He got a new full sized bed and bedding to coordinate with the new wall stuff.

Gavin, oh Gavin! Gavin only had his own room for a short time. I thought it was time he had space for his own things and not have to "share" all the time. Being the middle child I worry that he'll not feel he gets individualized enough. I planned a super cute Gavin room. He got a new bed and dresser, a play table and stools to do art projects or set up legos and cars and play. Gav will have more of a navy and red theme to his room.

Jace, the princess, is spoiled rotten and needs her own room simply to house her toys. She's never had her own room before, well that she can remember. She has an entire kitchen, a doll crib, doll highchair, and washer and dryer. The rocking chair will also be in her room. She'll need some space.

THE PROBLEM!

The floor plan of this house is screwy! Two bedrooms upstairs, and two bedrooms down stairs. There is no Master, but one room downstaris has a door to the backyard. I guess logically we'd take the room with the door for safety reasons- but I really would rather be upstairs. I'd like to keep Jace and Gav downstairs because they'll be the ones having the most "play dates" and it'd be much easier to supervise if they're down where I am.

Next issue is I'm starting to think maybe Jace and Gavin should share a room. As I write this keep in mind all three of my kids are sleeping together in Jace's bed. BUT that'd ruin all the planning I did on three nice separate bedrooms. We could combine all the toys into one playroom and just keep beds and dressers in one. Nothing would match though. And that would drive me crazy.

So here I am at midnight agonizing over it. I will only have one day to actually be in the house before the movers come and need to know where to put things. And since I just had surgery I can't lift a darn thing. So I need to have a final plan in order before then.

I guess if this is my biggest worry I'm doing pretty good though right?
(trying to stay positive!)

I would LOVE any input..... please help me decide!

No comments:

Post a Comment