Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ocean Shores or BUST!

After a busy week of errands and doctors appointment I had insisted on a small over night trip to the ocean. I had it all planned out. Hubby had gotten his bonus so money wasn't an issue.

All I wanted was to stay ONE night, but hubby balked at that. I could just see the enthusiasm on his face everytime I brought up our "explore". The plan was to leave first thing friday morning.

Thursday evening my husband informed me that before we left town he was going to stop by Costco real quick and pick up the TV he's been drooling over for years. I told him he could go ahead while I packed up the car and kids here but he quickly reminded me our card is only in my name. "UGH.... okay" was my response.

As we lay in bed that night I asked how he planned on fitting this 55" tv in either of our sedans. No answer.

So Friday morning I quickly pull together a clothes for the kids to wear down there and an extra change incase someone winds up taking an accidental swim. Dustin and I head off to Costco.

We find the TV after 25 min's and find a salesman to help get it down for us. My husband proudly wheels it to the register and pays for it. We head to the car. I brought the car to the front and opened the back. Hubby had thought that the Mustang would be our best bet because the backseats fold down. Boy was he wrong.

We stood there with our giant box and stared at the car. You can't imagine the amount of looks and smug comments we got. I just wanted to laugh but Dustin's blood pressure was rising- I could see it!

Finally I went back in and bought a set of tie downs. We strapped it to the top of the car and were on our way! (if only I had a picture!)

We got it home and loaded up the kids, after eating a doughnut at noon that was supposed to be breakfast.

About an hour into our hour and a half drive, traffic stopped. We got stuck behind a paver. "I'm so glad you needed to take this trip", and "thanks so much Honey", were heard quite often between his attempts at keeping the kids volume tolerable.

We drive into twon at about 3:30pm and decide to stop for lunch.



Somewhere in the kindness of my husbands heart he decided maybe we should stay one night, instead of turning back arround and heading home in an hour or two. My luck would have it that Holliday Inn had rooms, and offered a military discount! We even got an ocean veiw room.



WE quickly headed down to the beach before we ran out of daylight. It was only a short walk through some dunes. Jace managed to squeeze out fake tears the whole way.





We found a spot to lay our blanket and Dustin took the kids down to the water. He told jacey to feel the water, and he tapped his teos in a wave as it was on it's way out. She decided to bend over head first right as the next wave was coming. She lost her balance went right in.



Me being the most prepared Mom ever had a nice bag full of dry clothes.... that Hubby insisted didn't need to be brought to the beach with us. Not wanting to make the long hike back.... I improvised.




We didn't let our little Yoda ruin the rest of our day though. We took nice long walks and found lots of sand dollars.

Gavin found the most. "Mom, how much things do you think I can buy with these dollars?"





After growing tired of this light coastal breeze we headed back up to our room for wardrobe changes where I discovered that Jace's clothes never did make it to my bag. What to do? Blowdryers are amazing in a pinch.





We had icecream for dinner and Pizza for desert. At pizza Jace pooped in her panties. Now in only a pair of dirty capris and a too small sweat shirt we STILL decided to go back to the beah to enjoy the sunset and capture some memories. We drove too far not to.






We drove home right after breakfast the next day. We'd had enough family fun, and Dad needed to get that huge TV outta the box. He tries hard to be a good sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment