Most of you have hear my tails of West Nile. Funniest part was it started out as a joke.
Way back before Dustin left for BCT I noticed a bubble in my belly button. I exclaimed one day after discovering this bubble in the shower, "I think I have a hernia!"
My husband in all his worry and concern responded with, "That's a load of crap, you're such a hypochondriac!"
It went away a day or two later, never caused any pain so I forgot about it. It made it's appearance once or twice a few weeks later, but he was gone and I was busy so I ignored it.
Lately it's there more often than not, and anytime I complain about not feeling well, or can't lift something he lovingly blames my "hernia".
Well the other day I was in quite a bit of pain from it but trying to be tough and not be a whiner. As I hopped out of the shower my husband asked what the heck happened to my belly button! I told him it was my hernia! A little light bulb went on in his head.
Later this same evening he was sitting at the computer..."google hernia and belly button!" I told him. A few moments after skimming an article he turned arround. "Hun, you have a hernia, you need to see a doctor."
Duh, and I told you so quickly came to mind but I bit my tongue. He had noticed the increased pain as well over the last week or so and was all of a sudden concerned.
The next day it was even hurting laying down, and as per the wise advice received from google I headed into the ER.
Lo and behold, I was right. A nice sized umbilical hernia sits right under my belly button. An IV was also required since due to the nausea this causes I haven't been drinking enough. I also got some anti nausea meds, blood work, an d xrays.
Oh, and I have a UTI to top it all off.
So surgery is schedualed on Monday, same day my Mom flies in to visit us.
The day after my ER trip, hubby comes home with a surprise for me, maybe a peace offering for calling me a hypochondriac? Or maybe he's just well trained.....
Yes, I know he's great. He even made me grilled cheese and tomato soup... in his undies.

No comments:
Post a Comment