Friday, January 23, 2009

New BABY! and another letter!

First things first- I have a new baby to snuggle! My awesome sister in law London naturally delivered her 7lb1oz baby girl this afternoon. Both Mom and Baby are great... still waiting on a 'for sure' name though. I got so see her right after birth, and went back tonight for some quiet snuggle time. I got her for a whole hour, and with her three big sisters, that probably won't happen often :) I LOVE new babies, they really are the best ever!

Okay, and I also got a letter from hubby! I was waiting on a picture from the ward missionary, and got it! Imagine my disapointment however when I opened the letter, and saw they sent the wrong picture! Sad for me! They got the correct name, must be two Private Moore's. I hope to get the correct picture soon, pictures of other soldiers just aren't quite the same!

****************

So I will start out by saying I am so tired of smelling other peoples FARTS! ahhh!!!! I don't know if it is the food or what but dang they STINK! Anyways, mail call came again yesterday and I am officially the only person who hasn't gotten a letter as of now, even they guy who's getting a psych discharge has someone who loves him. So it is saturday and I don't have fireguard and tomorrow wake up isn't til 5am so I am taking a few minutes to write to you and my Mom. today started out really good the plattoon was doing well on everything (wich is hard for us because of the females- we are the only plattoon with females in the company..drama, flirting, BS) Not with me thank you! We practice D&C (drill and ceremonies)with our weapons (oh yeah the other day we were issued our M16 A2 that don't leave our side) It is a huge responsibility, I practiced taking it apart and putting it back together again tonight. Then after lunch we started combatives wich was really cool they lined us all up facing eachother and asked who was afraid to take a hit and a few people put up thier hands and the DS said tough****. We took turns slapping the crap out of eachother, it was great. They also taught us takedowns, arm bars, how to get out of holds, ways to fall, different rolls, and chokes. It was great then at chow some jack asses tried to sneak out some nutrigrain bars to the barracks so we got smoked for a good 1 to 1 and a half hours and the people who did it are getting article 15's cause under UCMJ law that is stealing. Crazy huh? They made us stand outside and shook us down like prison guards looking for the shiv, they made us look down while we marched and no cadence was sounded off, then when we got back they didn't call us privates to degrade us like normal they called us boys and girls and made us sit indian style. **I'm concerned here because my hubby can't sit indian style to save his life!** But that stuff is going to happen, people get hungry. I was telling my Mom it was -12 here the other day. We were supposed to get hair cuts and go to the PX tomorrow and maybe make phone calls but because of the stupid people now we don't. So our new DS is this Lady, probably 30's, African American, and kinda funny, but tough, and she came in our room the other day and said "boy it's cold in here". She made such a big deal about it that now I am sleeping in 3 different sleeping bags. I even sweat last night- it was great. my letters are going to get really boring unless I get some back. I love you honey and I miss you every minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment