Thursday, January 20, 2011

Week 2 DONE!

WooHoo for half way!

Today was pretty darn busy! I got some work done... but not as much as I'd hoped for.

I was up before the birds today to take Duke (and Lola too) to Doggy Daycare. It was Dukes first day attending daycare, and they like them to be one of the first dogs there on their first days. It has something to do with dominance or something. I was happy (kinda) to comply.

We swung by and grabbed Lola, cause a familiar face can't hurt in a new place right? She was so excited too... and two excited dogs in a small car wasn't the best idea! LOL It sure made for an interesting drive. I took Duke in first when we got there, and in the lobby another dog was already growling at him! Sadden my heart! Still Duke was happy and excited. They just kinda took him... didn't really tell me anything... told me I could go home and watch him on the web cam. So- I did.

Within the first minute, a dog pooped on the floor... and another dog ate it. Nobody even noticed. Ew. Duke had a few friends that seemed quite focused on humping him the ENTIRE TIME HE WAS THERE! Poor Duke spent the whole time in the big room trying to escape these two dogs. all they did was follow him, and hump him. No one got them off of him either. Just let him walk around with these dogs atatched to his rear. Sure did not make me very happy.

Later, I looked again, and Duke had been removed from the group of big dogs, and stuck in a small room with the tiny dogs. He just walked around trying to get attention. Oh... and more poop eating.

I for sure plan on talking to the trainers on Saturday, because when I picked him up, nobody said anything. I hope they can help explain things to me. My first impression isn't a great one. :(

Duke and Lola were both passed out on the floor of the suburban before I even got back on the freeway. Duke inhaled his food, and passed out on the floor next to his bowl. When we got done with dinner, he came and curled up next to me on the couch. My foot is wet from him drooling on it. LOL Sleepy puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment