Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Leaving Duke

When my husband and I began our secretive talks about wether or not we were ready to be dog owners again I was very realistic.

Being in the military means we live away from family members. We don't really have any friends we'd ask or impose our dog on. I told my husband we would need to know from the beginning, if we vacationed... the dog would have to be boarded.

Duke is only 6 months old and we are planning our first family vacation since we got him. He is still a baby... and a TON of work. We are trying to plan a two week vacation.

Boarding is about $25/day. We are looking at about $350. to leave him here.

Hubby already broke rule # 1 and asked a friend if he'd be interested. Wich he really was. He wanted to have him. His wife however... good thinkers that we are... said they'd not be able to have him.

I went and toured the facilities. Got paperwork filled out. Informed hubby how much it would be.

NOW!!! he has found "some guy" who is willing to watch him for us.

I never thought I was "one of those pet owners"... but I just don't feel okay with it. I'm usually the one giving him a hard time about babying him and telling him "it's just a dog".

And now... since I just found out it will cost me $80 to let the boys get tested for their yellow belts in Tae Kwon Do.... I'm feeling a little differently about "some guy". All of a sudden "some guy" sounds great.

1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha:) Wowza that is some expensive belt!! I bet you could make one yourself hehehe maybe add a bow for fancy smacyness:) I bet L and G would love a cordinating bow:) Or posy!

    ReplyDelete