When Jace was little I splurged. She always had more than she really needed, and she was so tiny that things fit for a long time. She also went to daycare every day, and thus I had a reason to keep her dressed well.
Now, my tiny little girl, is still skinny as can be- but she is getting taller and taller by the day! I've known for a few weeks that she really could use some new clothes. I put off buying anything since we decided not to get the kids any clothes for Christmas. They got new church clothes that they got to start wearing when we bought them.
The problem is, we don't go anywhere. On occasion we will run a few errands, and that's when it comes to mind that her clothes are lacking. It's hard for me to justify buying her new clothes that she rarely will wear. Cause let's be honest... when you're home all day jammies and sweats work just fine. It's days like today however, where I feel awful. I wish I'd taken a picture of her before she went out to play!
It's raining, and windy, and just plain cold. Jacey is wearing hot pink fleece sweatpants, a too big old tie dye shirt, a rainbow striped zip up hooded sweater, with a light brown trenchcoat stlye pastel polka dotted rain coat. Yes, she dressed herself today, but the girl needs some clothes!
This is how she went out to play today. Would you claim her? I'm sure people wonder who the homless looking little girl belongs to.

No comments:
Post a Comment