Every year at birthday time we give our children a choice. A big gift from Mom and Dad with a birthday dinner out of thier chioce---OR--- a friend party.
Because let's be honest- parties get expensive FAST! I'd much rather put that money into something they will love. Not to mention the craziness of loads of kids tearing up your home. Keeping it just family is easy, and less expensive. It's more intimiate and really is all about the birthday child.
That said, there is also something to be said about lasting memories that parties create. With Gavin, being that we just had Christmas, there's not much that he wants or needs right now. It's just nice not to have to worry about gather adresses to mail invites. Invites that I would probably end up making to fit the theme of the party. Parties are so much work!
BUT..... it's his choice. This year he's chosen to have a party.
His birthday is only one month away, wich means I need to get busy. Very busy considering there is still a chance Dustin's leave will get approved and we'll be in Utah half the month.
Themes:
I don't like Charachter parties. (doesn't mean my kids haven't had them)
I do need to have a theme. Something fun, different, creative, and unique. If I can find something that in general won't require shelling out a lot of money for a one time use, even better.
My Ideas For This Year
Mad Scientist
Doctor/Hospital
Pirates
Artists
I'm leaning more to Doctor theme. What kids (and most adults) don't wanna peek in all the drawers in the doctors office? My experiences of having to entertain my kids while Logan is in the hospital assures me that kids enjoy playing with gloves, and tape, and ace bandages. I have old xrays, syringes, oxygen tubing, tape, coban, ace bandages, masks..... We also have a pulse oxymeter, old nebulizer, and Logan's vest. I could make green gunk for 'boogers'. Really, I think this could be pretty fun. We could fill syringes with colored frosting and they can decorate their own cupcakes.
The invites always set the stage, I think I will make them to look like a prescription. I need to come up with some clever wording. I have tons more ideas... you might just have to wait until the party comes to hear all of them though!
Just a side note: If I do mad scientist, we will surely do the mentos in coke.
Jacey in all of Gavin's excitement has already decided what she wants to do.... a Fancy Nancy Party- I can't wait!
Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment