I hate making big decisions....
Mostly ones that rely completely upon myself. Even worse when they involve investing a substantial amount of money. Made worse by it involving something I've dreamed of for years.
I have always wanted to work from home. I've always wanted to create beautiful things. I'd love to have something to show for myself being able to stay home (we all know it isn't my amazing housekeeping abilities). If I was able to bring in some small amount of income, that too would be welcomed, but I'm mostly looking for a way to fund my ever growing list of projects and things I love to make.
I was able to do this when we lived in Utah while also working full time away from home. It was never as successful as it could have been had I had the time at home to devote to my business. I guess I would say that it was only as successful as I wanted it to be so that it wouldn't overwhelm me and become a burden.
That said, there were days when I would bring home about $100. profit in four (hot, sweaty, long, lonely) hours at the farmers market. I had a handfull or two of great regular customers. Mostly and importantly though- I enjoyed every minute of it!
What I lacked was structure when it came to the business side of things. I never had any amount that I could invest at one time to get things going on the right foot. I didn't invest in a license. I didn't keep the finances separate from our family finances(wich I think was my biggest mistake and led to most of my problems). I wasn't able to show Dusitn on paper what was coming in, and what was going out. He saw it as more of a money pit than a money maker. At least now I know and understand what would need to be done differently.
I want to do this. I've prayed about this. I've waited for this. The feeling hasn't gone away any- infact it's grown stronger. All that is left for me to get started is money. Money is a big hurdle right now! Mostly because we have very little. I have completely depleted my ribbon stash. I also need to finish up researching a few things concerning business requirements on post.
Possibly even harder than coming up with the money.... is convincing Dustin. Some how he finds a way of only seeing (or remembering) the bad in things. I try to see things from his perspective, but all I can see is that if his dreams and choice of profession required my support and trust and faith- he'd have it.
So here's to jumping in with both feet!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment