Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Party Invitations

Normaly I get an idea nad can run with it.... this time not so much.

Probably because Gavin is having a medical themed party. Weird I know. But it WILL be cute- just wait I'll blog about it more later.

I love to make my invites by hand. I had originally thought of making them look like a presription. Harder to do than I'd planned.

Usually inspiration will hit me somewhere in the middle of a craft store, so off I went. I was there for well over an hour. I'd hoped to see some cute paper with syringes on it, or x-rays, ..... something cool like that. I was out of luck. So I strolled the rows and rows of scrapbooking and card making supplies. Nothing jumped out and said "YES! This will be perfect". Nothing.

So I settled on two colors, grabbed the cardstock and an extra pack of white cardstock and decided to stick with the prescription pad idea.

The invites themselves need to be fairly simple so I can mass produce them. I think we'll end up passing out about 30 of them. I know. Shoot me now.

I found some clipart. Hopefully I can overcome this creative block and get something cute done tonight.

Too bad Gavin didn't want a Fancy Nancy party for his 8th birthday. I found TONS of cute stuff for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment