Okay, well it's not fully checked but on its way!
I've been wanting for a long while now (before we moved in here) to put some type of hide-a-bed in Gavin's room. I had even tried unsuccessfully to convince Gavin that that is what he wanted for Christmas.
I found the one I really wanted at Ikea. It's kinda futon-esk but it was twin size and folded up with the cover on looked more like an armless chair.
The drive to have one comes from a few different areas.
First, when children come over, any children, (Logan's friends, Gavin's friends, my friends kids) they always end up in Gav's room playing. Some extra seating would be nice. My kids also have all their video games in Gav's room, and I prefer they not all pile on the bed all the time.
Second for sleep overs. I hate making kids sleep on the floor. I know I did it when I was a kid and never minded on little bit. It would just be nice.
Third and most importantly (I think) is for when we have company come stay. We end up kicking Logan out of his room. Wich is fine and doesn't bother me at all. Really! But.... if the kid is giving up his whole room, I think it would at least be nice for him to have decent place to sleep while he shares his brothers room. Those boys are getting far too big to share a twin bed anymore.
It was that third arguement, and the fact that we are having family come stay with us next month that convinced Dustin the purchase was worth while. The more I thought about it though, the more I was rethinking the size. Next month it won't be just Logan, but Jace too, who will be kicked out of her room.
It was only $50 more to go with the "couch" size as opposed to the "chair" size. I can fit two kids on the couch size! So I started looking over the weekend. Dustin kinda agrees the couch size is best, but really isn't excited about how expensive this is becoming.
**Seems off track- but go with me here.**
Last night I couldn't sleep. Earlier in the day I had been talking to a friend about pottery barn kitchens, craigslist came up. I stated looking around the free section of CL last night to really just entertain myself. Sometimes it's funny what people put on there (used binkies?-really?). One of the ads was listed as Ikea Frame. I was thinking picture frame, wich I was keeping an eye out for a crafty project. I clicked.
Lo and behold- it is the frame of the exact "couch" size hide-a-bed. And it's free. And it has 2 covers. All I'd have to get would be the matress. Who wants a used matress from a strangers home anyway? I looked it up. The matress is $90.
I waited all night to call, it drove me crazy. I waited all morning. I didn't want to upset someone by waking them up too early. I called, she answered. She is going to call me at 4 when she gets home from work so I can go pick it up!
Now.... here's hoping she really does call! Might brake my heart if she doesn't.
It sure will make it hard if I have to pay full price for it now...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment