Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Craft Closet Confessions

First let me start by saying that I am super thankful to even have this space.... remember that when I go on and on about all the negatives...

I would LOVE to be able to have a craft room. This is not a room by any sence of the word. You may have caught me refferring to a "craft room" before. That was me dreaming.

I want to love this space. It has potential.

What I don't have is money. Or the best organizational skills but we won't go there.

The space is a 5'x7' closet with two large and deep shelves against the back wall.

It has a wall mounted, circular, flourescent light. It's beauty is unparralled.

It does not have any electrical outlets. I use a lovely green garden extension cord to power my glue gun and sewing machine.

There aren't any windows or natural light.



a little closer.....



Are you affraid yet?



I have a great old table I bought on craigslist. I even bought paint for it.

I was however MIA on moving day, and forgot to have Dustin tell the movers to leave it outback so I could paint it. Who knows when I will have a chance to paint it now.

I need major storage containers. On a next to zero budget.

The walls need color. But I refuse to paint them. I do have a few ideas though.

I need more lighting. No clue how I'm going to pull that off.

The great big black thing, that's our only source of A/C. It needs a new home.



All of these big totes need a new home. The labels aren't even correct on them.

The one with all the papers in it.... my kids special papers from school. I know, mother of the year award- right here!



This is the middle shelf. It needs to house my most often used items. And it does... it just needs to do it more effectively. Can you believe all my hairbows are produced out of those 4 drawers? ....... bet you didn't even know there were drawers....



My table. Oh my table. Once the A/C unit finds it's new home (in Gavin's closet cause it's too heavy for me to move down the stairs) I will pull the table out a little bit more. It can't come out too much farther, or you'd walk right into it. I think I will swap walls too, to help avoid that problem.



If I had a place to put anything, it wouldn't be the dumping ground that it is now. (hahaha.... yeah right)



Okay.... I think I'm done making excuses..... here's the rest




No comments:

Post a Comment