Friday, December 4, 2009

Craft Closet #2

I got super busy yesterday!

I managed to get every single container emptied and sorted through. I threw out all the garbage. I made piles of like items to see what I had of wich things.

The hard part is I don't have a ton of any one thing. Well, maybe of ribbon but I'll talk about that in a minute. The thing that makes it hard to come up with a good system for storage is that I have a little bit of many different things.

I even managed to sand, and paint my cute chair!

I spent most of today blog stalking and googling. I've come up with a few good ideas.

Remeber, I'm trying not to spend ANY money!

A while ago I bought some discounted paint at a hardware store. I love checking their whoopsy paints! Anyways- I ended up with a quart of some super bright yellow paint. Like primary yellow. This wasn't exactly the color I was hoping to go with, nor was it even close! I did have a small bottle of navy blue craft paint...

I also had some really neat wooded boxes with lids from Artichokes & Co. My mother in law gave them to me a few years ago. I've always loved them. I however need color in this space.





I am going to hang them on the wall and use them to store small jars of things.

I couldn't not use the lids.... and I have this paper.... still not sure what they will end up being.... but I had to!




Now...... ribbon. I have loads and loads of ribbon. Some on spools, but most is loose. I really can't think of a great way to store it all. I hope I figure something out soon because as far as my collection of crafty stuff goes... ribbon is the worst offender!

No comments:

Post a Comment