I thought I had done great. I found super cute clothes, onsale! Who doesn't love that? Plus it was at one of my favorite new childrens clothing stores. Icing on the cake, there's more! I also got a coupon for $60 off my next purchase of $120 or more.
I really wanted to take a trip to the store since I've never been in one. But Hubby being wise beyond his years noticed that with shipping only $5, and the store at least 30 minutes away, I'd spend more than the shipping cost to drive there. Plus he reminded me of my need to stroll through every store in the area, needing a snack, and he made the executive decission that online was the way to go.
I went to check out, and found I had another coupon for $10. off this purchase. Heaven, I know! So I filled out all the required boxes, stole hubby's card out of his wallet, and pressed submit.
UGH... it came back denied, aparantly I forgot something. I tried again. Same denial. I checked the bank account, not the problem. It was the wrong billing adress for that card... oops. Tried again...... Success!
I got my confirmation email, and my shipping email the next day.
Today, for some unknown reason (I'd rather not know how much money we don't have) I checked to make sure it had come out of the account. Well... it sure did... 3 whole times!! It's no surprise we live on a small income, so the three charges for $140. each overdrew the account slightly.
I called the customer service 800 number and voiced my concern. Then lady on the other end assured me that they only charged it once. The rest were caused by the failed attemps, as each is made it automatically verifies the funds by placing a hold on the account for that amount. Lovely!
I called the bank where again I was reasssured that there would be no overdraft charges, and these holds would fall off by just after 7:00pm tonight. Also she said that really the account isn't overdrawn, it just looks that way on paper.
Ah.... now to convince the hubby of that. I bet next time he lets me go to the store. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment