Well, not too busy. I guess I really can't complain. I'm so lucky that Dustin is able to spend so much time at home right now! It's great to have help with Logan's IV infusions and everything else.
I got to sleep in again today- what a treat! I putzed around for a while and then lounged in bed listening to the rain while I read a book aloud to Dustin. Who says only kids should be read to? I love listening to stories, voices can be so soothing.
Then I fnally got ready for the day and headed back to the hospital. Days have seemed to blurr together- I'm there so MUCH! Again not complaining, I have much to be thankful for. It's only a 5 minute drive to the hospital. We have super helpful doctors and nurses and I wouldn't trade this for anything. Just the assurance that they are there (and no $ involved) is so awesome!
Logan was feeling worse today. I barely got him out of bed to make it to the appointment on time. I almost dropped him at the curb while I parked the car. I wasn't sure he'd be able to make the walk into the office. He shivered the entire time. He even fell asleep on the exam table while the doctor was talking to me. We did get some anti nausea medicine to help his appetite.
Doctor is 99% certain this is swine flu(H1N1) we're dealing with. So now we wait, and treat the symptoms the best we can. I am a bit worried tonight though.
Logan has slept through every single night time infusion we've done, but tonight everytime I go in he mumbles to me incoherently. He's drenched in sweat, so I hope it's just the fever breaking that has him acting strange. He's never been a sleep talker.
I made some super yummy oreo truffles today. I saw the recipe on a friends blog and had to try them, making a special trip to the store just to get the required ingrediants. Needless to say they are super easy and were a big hit! Even Logan had one.
Lately I'm feeling the need to harness my creativeness, but can't pin down any one thing I want to do. Weird I know. I have a never ending supply of half finnished projects, but none are fulfilling the desires right now. Maybe the rain will cooperate tomorrow and I can .... never mind- quarantined kid. No outside activities for a couple weeks.
So that's basically everything. I'm hoping life will slow down a bit- right in time for school to start back up. I question how I ever worked full time for so long... this feels like a full time job in itself.
Thursday, August 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment