Yesterday, following my lazy trend, started with the potential to be a do nothing day. However mid afternoon I decided that if we'd like to eat the next day a trip to buy groceries was in order. I also needed to make a few other stops on post so I drug the children out for the afternoon.
Fellow mothers will know how fun shopping with three children is, and mine seem to be among the worse. They climb on everything, touch everything, and all three tend be be going in a different direction. That said it's no wonder I'm not the most foccused shopper.
I pulled into the parking lot to find they were having a huge case lot sale in the parking lot. Seeing as I was in need of a costco run- I decided to check it out and save a trip. I found great deals- but keep in mind we were in a parking lot so my Super Mom Senses were on high alert. Everything was done by check list and I put Logan in charge of that. At the end you were met by a 16 yearold super focused young man who's job it was to retreive any frozen items you'd like and also make sure you're inventory sheet was done correctly. I asked for a case of chicken strips and another teen nicely threw the large box my way.
"You know, I don't think I'll have room for all this in my freezer", I said. So back on the truck it went. He explained to me the step by step checkout routine in wich one must park, pay, retreive, and then be "signed off" by another young oh so reliable teen.
I proceeded to pay, while screaming at my children NOT to roll down a hill and into the parking lot, and to not climb on another customers cart, blah blah blah. At this same time I'm realizing I will have to do some marathon shopping inside in order to preserve the 6lbs of strawberries and 40lbs of beef I just purchased. (not an over estimate)
We unloaded and went in for round two- regular shopping. Then luckily hubby was home to meet us on the other end since I still can't lift. Score one for ME! He was inquiring like all good husbands do about how much each item cost. He worked grocery for years and KNOWS what "good deals" really are and never trusts my judgement. As I received approval on all my bulk purchases I was getting proud. He really loved the 20 beautiful fresh cut New York steaks I got for less than $40.00!!! Yes- I know how to make men happy, a freezer full of red meat gets them every time. THEN..... he asked the total "One fifty" I said proudly. He looked puzzled. "Can I see your receipt?" he so kindly asked.
AS IT TURNS OUT.... I neglected to look over my inventory sheet carefully and was chargedfor $26. something for that huge case of chicken strips I decided not to get. Ah the joys of shopping with children. Let's hope I can go down there with my receipt and get things straightened out.
Friday, July 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment