Sunday, July 12, 2009

Craft Room

What crafting woman doesn't want one? I had one in our house, well it was shared with the children's play room. I loved it. I haven't had one since.

Nothing is worse than being in the middle of a project and having to stop and clean up so that your family can sit down for dinner. Even more sad is when you decide not to drag out all your things because it's just that much of a hassel.

In our new home (only 2 days til move in) we have a storage room. Think: big closet. It's 6'x7'. I began thinking about where in this new place I could set up my bow stuff. This is the only logical place for it. I talked to hubby and he graciously approved. I did make homemade strawberry icecream- might have won him over.

So I asked him to look on craigslist for an old kitchen table... cheap was key. In less than two minutes we found a solid wood old table with a chair for only $25. Yay! To top it all off they even delivered it for no charge. Hubby even offered to refinnish it for me so it's pretty.

Now... not only am I busy figuring out move stuff, I'm on crafty mode. Colors and storage, and shelves, but mostly cheap! I don't have room in my budget to really do this room up. It's not even going to be seen, remember closet!

A few things are important, like lighting. If it's not well lit I won't be able to work in there for long. Storage is equally important because I have to make sure all my things fit. Part of him giving me this room is that he will no longer have to see my messes!

In this room I need to accomidate:
(in order of importance)
1. Bows & Flowers
2. Sewing
3. Scrapbooking
4. Gift Wrapping
5. Beading

I'll let ya know how things go! And pictures will soon follow! Any ideas or advice would be great, remember cheap is key!

No comments:

Post a Comment