Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Trying Hard!

I haven't posted in forever, because I'm busy learning! So much has happened it's crazy. I spent a few days running like a crazy person trying to find a house for my family. Needless to say the two full size beds aren't enough for a family of 5.

After going through a mini break down and a few tantrums (all mine) I finally found an apartment complex that will rent month to month! Thank Heavens! I can check being homeless off my list of worries.

On our second or third day here (they're all running together now) I attempted grocery shopping. I had no CLUE how things worked, but figured it would be just like any other time. WRONG! As I checked out after another mini melt down because my children seemed to be extra out of controll, I realized hubby never gave me back the cash he so nicely "borrowed" from me. On my way out the door I noticed the sign the read "baggers work for TIPS ONLY". Ooopps, I told the older gentle man I'd take it from here and he gave me a dirty look.

Laundry...... laundry laundry laundry! This hotel does offer a great service- free washers and dryers. The only problem is there are only two of these coveted machines on each floor. I never get lucky enough to find an open one when I need one. Finally yesterday I got one! Then..... kinda sorta lost track of time. I ran down to check and my belongings had been moved! Hubby assures me that's just the "army way". I gritted my teeth and accepted it. Later I was in need of another washer. I check and found someone's clothes sitting in the washer, ready to be switched. I couldn't do it. So went back ten minutes later to check and they were still there. This time I drug hubby along with me. He encouraged the switch. I opened and looked inside..... a rubber mattress pad and various child size clothes. EEEWWWWW!!!! This means they'd been peed on, or worse pooped on. Needless to say- I waited.

Many many other interesting events have occurred as well, like the drug deal I made on the play ground while pushing Jace in a swing. Another mom and I got to talking and she told me she was nervous about making a flight to germany with her 3 small children. After discussing the amazing effcts of benedryl, she confessed she was also worried about how her dog would do. I ofcourse told her we had the same issue with our cat on the drive here. After some more discussion a deal was made to trade her left over "microwave friendly" food for 2 animal sedatives. Gotta love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment