We are here, and still have so much to learn!
I'll start from the beginning because I'm sure it'll bring a few laughs.
The night before we were to leave I went to pick up Logan from his friends house. His nose was filled with big green boogs. We stopped by the instacare. Almost done rx in hand, I needed to pee again! The lightbulb went on and I realized I had a bladder infection (just in time for a 14 hour drive). An hour later and we now have three rx's to fill. Spent another hour and a half at the pharmacy and we were finally on our way home.
We got up on Saturday morning and had breakfast, and drugged the heck outta Daphne. We loaded up the cars and took the last of our things up to the garage to wait from the movers. (we still hadn't heard from)
We piled into the cars, buckled up, and were on our way- cat and all. Maybe 10 min's into our drive, Dustin pulls off to the side of the freeway! He smelled something burning- yay. The smell went away so we kept on going. We made uneventfull potty stops and lunch stops. We started looking for places to stop for the night around 6. FYI- Oregon is pretty backwards! So finally at 9 we found a little tiny town (9 miles off the freeway in the middle of NOWHERE!) They had a Best Western and a Denny's! We happily settled in.
The hotel had a strict no pets policy, so poor Daphne had to spend the night in the car. I gave everyone Benedryl and we snoozed the night away.
Sunday brought only about three more hours of driving. Washington is BEAUTIFUL! I grew more and more excited as we drove through tall pine trees and passed many lakes and rivers.
Unfortunately I packed the camera in the back of my trunk and was unable to capture the beauty of my filthy children by the end of of journey.
At the gate, they wouldn't let us in until we showed orders, and I had to be matched with D. Guess the fact that we have military ID's wasn't near good enough.
First stop was to Waller Hall so Dustin could sign in. So, filthy children in tow we head in to this "quite" place. Jace had on two different shoes, both of them left feet. My children have just spent two days in a car and were surprisingly still and quiet...... until...... an officer walks in. He was accompanied by his wife and mother-in-law. The wife gave looks of discust at our ragged and worn out family. HER mom however noticed three well behaved children. Why on earth she thought she should TALK to them- I'll never know. The more she engaged them- the more they wriggled and giggled and bounced about. I could feel my blood pressure rising as I shhh'd as calmly as I could.
The Srg that signed Dustin in decided they needed to be best friends. While he filled D in and had much information to offer, it took much longer than needed.
We found the hotel and got checked in. At $80 per night for a military hotel, I was expecting the ritz. We have to full size beds- for 5 people. The kitchen will serve it's purpose. I had to call right away to get the cat boarded. I got lost on the way there. I got lost on the way back- but I survived.
We bathed and ordered pizza at 6:45. At 9 the pizza came. Don't feel too bad though, they gave us a whole $5.00 off our cold dinner.
I couldn't wait to get to bed- hoping that tomorrow would be so much better. Just keep in mind I was optimistic!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment