Saturday, December 20, 2008

Logan.....one month away from insurance!

Logan has been sick for a little over a week now with a mild respiratory infection. He went in to the doctor on Tuesday. She put him on antibiotics, and sent home a scrpit for oral prednisone if he didn't show improvement after a few days. This morning after his 5:45am treatment he almost sounded worse. So I gave him his first dose of prednisone. Now, I get to watch him like a hawk for blood sugar problems. He tends to sky rocket while on steroids and usually requires insulin to maintain proper levels. So what did I do...... said a little prayer and sent him to school! lol He's missed a whole week, and today was their Christmas party, also the last day before Christmas break and he needed to get all the work he has missed. We also found out Tuesday that he'll need another sinus surgery soon- that's a walk in the park for him- usually! Today I got a call from the nurse with his C dif results..... positive again! So he's back on Flagil until he can get in to see the GI who will try some new combination of drugs to treat him.

C dificil is a bacteria that can colonize in the intestines releasing toxins. It has become a "super bug" and isn't easily treated in someone who has become resistant. They assure me it can be done though I'm beginning to doubt it!

Despite this we are determined to keep him home for Christmas! He has the best attitude, and rarely complains about any pain....... except tonight........ his toes hurt.......he was in tears! Don't have a clue what that was about!

No comments:

Post a Comment