I decided last week to wholesale my fabric flowers to other boutiques to resell. I guess it was a good idea because in 3 days I had 3 orders and made what I used to get in a month over a weekend. So needless to say I was busy.
Gavin hurt/broke his foot on Monday. We're leaning toward hurt since he seems to be walking on it okay now (Friday). We spent an entire night in the ER. It was a horrible experience and we will now make the drive to the children's hospital when we need ER services.
I was also trying to plan a party. That for some reason I just wasn't as "into" as I usually am. I screwed up the invites not once, but twice, and didn't have time to fix them. Dustin was off today (thankfully!) and saved me by focusing on the cleaning while I threw everything else together.
Jacey had been wanting a pajama party pretty much since she had her last party. So all kids were invited to come in jammies, and bring a furry friend (stuffed animal). Instead of traditional cake and ice cream, we had a "Candy Bar", and had cake pops.
The kids played in Jacey's room until everyone got here. Then they got to color a white paper bag. After they were done decorating the bags they got to stuff a pillow (that I'd sewn up the night before). I sewed them up and added a ribbon tag to write names on so pillows didn't get lost or confused. They got to have a pillow fight with them while I set up the game.
We hid everyones stuffed animal in the tub of left over fluff from the pillows. We put the kids into 2 teams. They had to relay race by hopping in a pillow case down to the tub of fluff, find their animal, and hop back where they'd pass off the pillow case to the next in line. It turned out to be a huge hit and totally age appropriate!
Once the game was over, the kids decided the huge fluff mess was waay more fun to play with than Jacey's room! The giggles and screams of joy were priceless! Who knew a big bag of poly fill would be so fun?? I couldn't have planned it this well I tell ya! They took turns climbing into the tub and being buried, before Dustin would 'dump' them out!
After the fullf mess was contained we headed into the "party room" to sing happy birthday. All the kids got cake pops and Jacey had a special big one with her candle. After cake we opened gifts. Jacey was so cute opening presents this year. Then as the kids were getting ready to leave they got to fill up their bags with candy.

No comments:
Post a Comment