Sunday, April 3, 2011

April is here!

March pretty much flew past us. Our month was super scheduled and busy as can be. I have lots of pictures to add, but not much time tonight. I'll try to add pictures tomorrow ;)

Dustin had eye surgery, and is now free from glasses! The kids had spring break, but not a break from sports and dance. We've had many outings, meetings, errands, melt downs, and adventures. We took a mini vacation on the army, gotta love those marriage retreats! Duke got to go on his own vaca to visit Lola for a week. We had a house guest for a couple weeks in there too! The boys tested for green belts, and Logan turned 13!

I'm positive I've forgotten some things, but since I've already wiped the monthly calendar clean I wouldn't be able to tell you what!

April seems to be a bit slower of a month for us, but will be full of planning and preparing for May and June. Both will be as busy as can be again. I'm thankful for this slower month so I can rest and get geared up again!

One thing we do have this month is Jacey's first pageant. She is so excited, I can't lie, I am too! At first I really only did it because (1) it was for charity, and (2) she's been dying to do one, and (3) it was a cheap one (as far as pageants go). The more I planned and prepared for it the more excited I've become.

Jacey has also gotten a few smaller modeling jobs for clothing boutiques. We can't wait for them to start arriving so we can get the pictures going and see the beautiful things.

We're trying to start planning our trip to SLC too! We already have plans to see Les Mis, and are even thinking about sneaking away for a night or two in Vegas. It's hard to balance the logical part of finances with the knowledge that Dustin will be gone for a year. I want to squeeze as many memories as I can into our last few months together.

We still have so much of the "prep" work to do to get ready for the "D". Sooooo much! It hurts my head to think about how much.

I try to stifle that hurt with fun plans for our time apart. Fun things to do with the kids, places to go, people to see. My list keeps growing ;) I'm super excited to give space a travel a try too!

No comments:

Post a Comment