So, it never fails, Dustin always tries to suprise me when he comes home from the field. Always. I've never once been able to go wait in the parking lot with all the other wives to happily greet her stinky dirty husband.
Mine... likes to lie to me. So that he can be dropped off at our house, while I'm still in my pajamas, usually baking, in a house that is still not quite clean enough for a proper homecoming. I'm not really sure why he does this! I've told him there is really nothing that exciting about it... and I look forward to the day I can go get my husband like all the other normal wives.
Either way, now, I've come to expect this. So near the end of his time out, I begin to go into super slueth mode decoding his every text message. I even check his story with random wives and other soldiers. This time it paid off!!
My friend (who is leaving me *sad*) just had a baby, so her hubby got to stay behind and enjoy being a new Daddy. He got to be in charge of all the guys coming home. Guess who has a flight list? Uhmmm hummm..... he sure did. I had shared my unwelcome suprise homecomings with my friend a few days before... so when she got the news... I got a call! HAHAHAHA!! I WIN!!!
I still played it cool... my plan was to not let him know I knew... and show up at company with the other wives. Pretty darn sneaky right? It would have worked... but he totally slipped up tonight and spilled the beans. Ofcourse I had to rub it in that I knew. Pshhhh. Otherwise.... I wouldn't have won. I'm all about winning.
The one day early is really not working into my plans though, and I'm kinda wishing he really was waiting til friday to come home! HEHEHE. So now it's 12:30am... he's sleeping, and I'm up doing laundry and trying to keep myself entertained long enough to get the house decent. He said he didn't care if the house is spotless... ( I laughed- hard) is it ever spotless? We do have 3 slobby children, and I am only one (lazy)person.
I'm so happy I won this round! But even happier to have him home :) Messy house or not!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment