My sweet friend had a baby a couple weeks ago, and some how we started talking about pictures... I offered to come take some newborn pictures for her.

We had SO much fun playing with Mr B. He's so stinkin cute! Really it was a blast, and I couldn't wait to get home to start editing them and see if we got any good ones. I never know... since I pushed "some button" on my camera, and now there's a menu style box displayed on top of every picture that it shows on the back. Nice right.... when the camera is smarter than the person taking the pics?
I shared with her my photography style... basically I just pretend I know what I'm doing- and occasionally I get lucky. That's all. Same as sewing. I like to wing it. The results are super unpredictable. Never know when I'll get something good... usually it's a complete flop. I give all the credit to the camera... so basically anyone willing to shell out the money could get equally good results.
In fact... I bet if I posted the pictures before I edited them, she'd think the couple hours we spent were waisted. LOL Great thing that photo editing software!
The reason behind this informative service announcement is now 2 of her friends want to pay me to take pictures of their kids.... I died laughing!
My answer.... "I'd love to." "But I could never charge".
We'll see how this goes! The hubby is prematurely excited. He's already seeing dollar signs. I think he's seeing them heading in the wrong direction though ;)

No comments:
Post a Comment