Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Slightly Obsessed

Okay..... maybe more than slightly. Maybe very. I really don't care either way.... you be the judge!

Dustin's been gone not quite a week. I think I've had 2 full nights of sleep since he left. I'm realizing I will require sleeping medications on a nightly basis, and something stronger than Advil pm cause it's just not cuttin' it.

This is their last big trip before deployment. He will be gone just shy of $250 dollars... I mean 1 month. (cheap army) Normally when he's gone to the field I kinda beat myself up for not being "more sad". I always have a hard time sleeping. It takes me a good week or so to settle into a better sleeping routine. This time though I was pretty sad. It didn't help that I watched Brothers.... a great movie but not something I needed to see right now. I am sick too... of course. So that never helps. Good news is I still have over 3 weeks to get better, be lazy, play, make messes, and clean it all up before he comes home.

The obsession I've developed has to do with care packages. This trip to the field has been handled very similarly to a deployment. It's gotten me in that mind frame. I'm starting to feel like instead of wanting time to pass slowly, so we can spend lots of time together, I want it to pass quickly now. Like ripping the band aide off, instead of slowly peeling it away.

When I get stuck on something I tend to take it over board. Such is the case for these care packages. Too bad there's no degree for this, cause I'd be close to my masters by now considering the hours I've logged researching. I've already got a list started. Each box has a theme, will be decorated, and shipped on a certain date (yep I have that list too) so it will arrive in time. I've interviewed friends to find out the average time frame regarding shipping to the area he will be. I've even started the prep for decorating the boxes. I've copied recipes. I've bought supplies. I tried to pick up boxes today.... they were out. Bummer.

I confessed my latest obsession to the hubby. He asked if it was time for a P.A.W.S. intervention. (Perfect Army Wife Syndrome- my made up title) It is my goal for him to have the best care packages ever. Hahahahaha! But more importantly to give me something positive to focus on while he is gone.

I've even considered starting a blog just to document, store, and sort all the ideas I have. I'm kinda ashamed to admit, I had more ideas for boxes than I will be able to send... I feel like other people should benefit from all my research!

Don't let all my excitement fool you.... I can't wait for him to get home! I also can't wait for a good noghts sleep..... *yawn*!

No comments:

Post a Comment