Wednesday, August 25, 2010

A BIG move!

I feel like I just got settled. But it's not working.

I came up with a briliant plan.

You see, my craft closet (crap closet- per hubby) has been outgrown. I've tried to make do. I just can not contain it all in the small space any longer.

My biggest complaint about the space it the lack of outlets.

Next would be lack of windows. I like natural light.

Also, there's really barely even room for me. No way I can bring a customer in there.

I'm away from the family.

I could go on and on... lol but those are the top problems. I've been thinking about a move for some time now. however, since business has benn consistantly picking up, I really think now is the time.

My first choice was to steal Logan's room. But that would leave Jace downstairs alone, so we'd need to move her room, meaning I'd have to move rooms... just not reasonable.

Second option.... the dining room. It seems to be where I end up when people come to buy bows. I cart boxes of things down stairs to be perused on the table. Then I have to drag it all back upstairs. I would have ample windows (a whole wall of them) and plenty of electrical outlets. I'd be right in the middle of household activities. I'd more than tripple my square footage (however I'd lose wall space... wich I need) I'd have a great closet to keep supplies in too!

The only draw back to the dining room is the mess. I'm messy (it's okay to laugh here). I can't help it. I almost thrive on it. It wouldn't bother me much to have people see my craftness. Hubby however is a completely different story.

He has gratefully agreed to let me try it. If it becomes too messy we'll go back to the previous arangement.

This isn't all for my benefit however, I've agreed to turn over full ownership of my craft closet to him. A place to keep all his gear, boots, guns, toys, cra... I mean stuff. I think he's secretly pleased with the deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment