Thursday, January 28, 2010

Parties and Projects

Last week, maybe the week before.... they are all running together.... I was on a Craigslist kick.

There were a host of good things in the free section, and a few I was willing to go find.

One lady was a total flake, and I set up multiple times to call, and go get, but she was never there. Grrrrr.......

I did get one good score! A twin headboard and footboard for Jacey.

It was hard for me to find a style that went well with her vintage shaby chic style furniture, but I did it!



The only set back is the finnish. We were able to do Jacey's dresser and kitchenette in the shop back in Utah. Out here we are lacking all proper tools and equiptment. Still, it's worth a try.

Her furniture is black. Not really what one would think when I mention shabby chic.



Look closer.



Where the black is rubbed through, it's pink. One of a kind.... as far as I know! My hubby had a hard time painting his baby girl's bedroom furniture black. But I love it! It's not traditional, it's different, but it's still very cute and girly. It balances out all the rest of the pink in the room so it's not overwhelming.

Tonight is Thursday and I'm busy as can be.... but my plan is to have the DONE and put together, before the party on Saturday at 2pm.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment