I'm affraid I dropped the ball this year. Well, not entirely. We chose not to do a Christmas Letter this year. I'm not sure why. Now I am regretting it- so this is better than nothing I guess.
Most all of you I send this link to will already have been reading our blog, and there for have all this info. But just a recap for those who are just finding us:
2009 was a year of big changes for our family. Very big. Dustin joined the Army in fall of 2008, and left for basic training on New Years Eve. That is when I started blogging. (If you feel like wandering back that far) While he was gone we both went through a lot of personal growth. It was an amazing, but difficult time for both of us.
I lost my job due to illness in early Feb. I ended up having surgery in March. The kids and I had finally settled into things, about a week or two before he came home. We were able to fly to St Louis for his graduation and took the kids on a quick mini vacation there.
Once we got back home, life seemed to fly by, and before we knew it we were in Washington State, making Fort Lewis our new home. Securing housing was stressful for me, but it all worked out in the end. We love our home and the ample space it provides for our family.
We had a lot to learn. It felt like we landed in another land, and had new languages to learn. We had new docotrs to find, and meet. We became familiar with the hospital quickly though, Logan and I have both had surgery here already. We feel we have truley been blessed with some amazing doctors.
We went back to church. That is a big one for us. We have met some of the greatest people who have really helped to make us feel at home here. There will be great things in store for us in 2010.
The boys are doing great in school. They settled in quickly and have made lots of new friends. Military kids are a neat breed, I haven't met one I haven't loved. Logan has already had one good friend move. They are both getting very good grades too. Gavin started on meds to treat hiss ADD and we are so impressed with the results. Logan has been fairly healthy this year, with only a week in the hospital and a mild (if you can really call it that) bout of H1N1.
We are enjoying Washington and find there is never a shortage of things to do here. There are always great family events, and many many beautiful places to explore. I hope we get to stay here for a while, but we never know. Oh, and you see the sun way more than people let on.
On a more military note:
Dustin still doesn't have orders to deploy. We are thankfull for every day we've had together and never thought he'd be home with us this long. That said his unit is "supposed" to deploy "sometime" in the fall of 2010. That is all we know so far, and that can all change at any time. This year he will start to get busier with more intense traingings to prepare for a deployment. His contract is up spring of 2011, so he has begun the thinking process about what he wants to do. He knows he wants to stay in, but would like to change his MOS (job). Also with his contract being up when it is, it's possible they will decide not to deploy him at all.
It's been an adventurous and busy year for us to say the least! I'm sure next year will bring just as much excitement.
We want to wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We love you all so much and are so thankfull for all the support you've shown us.
Love,
The Moore's
Wednesday, December 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment