I am not, nor have I ever been a ver patient person. Lately I have a real love hate realationship with the weekends. I wait, starting on friday afternoon.... and I wait. Sometimes the phone rings, but more often than not it doesn't. So I go on about my day waiting. If I accomplish nothing all day, it's not because I wasn't do any thing. I was waiting.
All is made well though as soon as I hear his words, "Hi Baby!". He is always upbeat and excited to call. He actually makes it sound like he's having fun. I try my best to sound the same :). I take my phone and head to my room, where I close the door and sprawl out on our bed. It's my favorite place to talk to him. It's quiet and usually still dark. We would usually take afternoon naps on the weekends, so this is the next best thing.
He goes over his week, and I go over ours, trying not to leave out anything important. We giggle like teenagers and just enjoy our time together.
Jacey came running into the kitchen yesterday at full speed. She somehow got tripped up on a towel that had migrated out of the laundry room and onto the floor. She fell, smacking her little head on the doorknob. She laughs first, then turns to me and says, "It's cause I'm graceful huh Mom?" I must tell her that too often.
Tuesday brought some awful news as I found out Dustin's was ordered to Ft Irwin Ca. I started researching this post to find out it was in the middle of nowhere! I made a few calls and found out that none of Lo's paperwork had been processed, so there was no way for them to reject Dustin. Ugh! Turns out the papers were lost...somewhere along the line. I was told to refax them. Luckily I was taught well and told to ALWAYS maintain a hard copy of any paper work the army asks for, as things do tend to get lost. We were now racing the clock, graduation is only about a month away, and he needs to have an assignment.
I also spent countless hours on the telephone with many different army posts trying to locate one with facilities that could care for Lo. A super nice lady said that our chances of getting to actually "pick" where we wanted to go was very high since if we knew where he could be treated, they will start trying to place there first.
Come to fine out, there are two army posts with CF centers in the army hospital. One is Fort Lewis, Wa.....the other Schofeild Barracks, Hawaii. I would love to visit Hawaii, but don't really have any desire to live there. So Washington is our first choice. Now we wait and see.
I must go now, my house needs major attention, and I should probably figure out something for lunch for my kiddos. Ugh... and laundry, and clean out my car...and ...and...and! Oh yeah, and WAIT!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Good luck getting a post that you want! I'm a new Army wife (not to the military, just the army) and we don't have an assignment yet either. My husband is in AIT right now for MP training. Where is yours? Is he done with basic yet? Your kids are beautimous!!
ReplyDelete