Like I really need one more thing to throw on my plate....
But I really want to start a garden. A veggie garden with lots of yummy goodies we can eat.
My kids are obsessed with seeds and trying to grow things too, so I'm going to get them in on the action.
You might remember a similar post last year... I was pretty set on it all. I even got hubby all the way to Home Depot and priced everything out. What we decided was that to start it all from scratch would be costly. It is not a guarantee (I don't really do well with growing things). And we had an unruley puppy who currently occupied our gardening space.
I set my dream aside knowing it was set up for failure and we just didn't have the money to throw away.
This year.... things are looking up! I still really want to have a garden. It doens't need to be big or elaborate. Infact, my kids only eat a handful of veggies any way. So small and simple is the plan. Oh, and cheap... definately cheap... and easy too!
I started with my go to resource, google. I had decided that plastic swimming pool gardening was invented for lazy, cheap, tranzients such as myself. It doesn't get much easier than that... I also posted in a forum with some friends from church because I know many of them have successful gardens!
In my post I merely asked for some ideas and tips, but was shocked when one of the women offered me her whole set up! It's nicer than I was going to invest in, and comes with all the soil. I just have to move it... good thing I have a friend with a truck! With all the money I'm going to save on this I don't feel bad not starting my plants from seeds this year!
I'm super stoked. I know the kids will enjoy it. As for that unruley puppy... he's a tad better behaved this year.... and home depot sells cheap wire fencing ;) Because let's face it, I will NOT eat dog pee vegetables!
Wednesday, April 20, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment